Nash4x
News 1.44 don't allows add/edit articles
  • 2006/7/9 1:15

• Nash4x

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/5 0

Hi,

I updated my News modules from [factory version] to 1.44 version. I have XOOPS 2.0.13.2 version and i have followed all steps of readme file.

My surprise is when I try to edit or to create a news and the following message appears:

Sorry but either there are no topics or you don't have the rights to post in any topic. If you ar the webmaster, go in the permissions and set the 'Submit' permissions.

I have topics. I have all permissions on all topics. I have permissions on the module and admin module (i'm the webmaster site)

I'm despaired and i don't understand anything. I have news/articles created by me and i can't edit them. I can edit News module config in admin area, create topics, change options...

I have tried delete cache, explorer/firefox, change domain for IP, ...

any idea?

Thank you for advance

Chappy
Re: News 1.44 don't allows add/edit articles
  • 2006/7/9 2:05

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

If all is as you have described, it should work. It sounds like one of those things where it's something really simple (i.e. you have a subsite where you have XOOPS installed and your settings are for the subsite rather than the site you're working on; you have duplicated the news module and are working in the duplicated module rather than the one you want to be working on, something like that that happens to me pretty regularly). I suggest a good night's sleep and a look at again in the morning because it should be working.

You might want to post a link to the url so that others can at least give it a look. If oyu can't figure it out, a second set of experienced eyes may be just the trick.

Good luck...
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Nash4x
Re: News 1.44 don't allows add/edit articles
  • 2006/7/9 15:39

• Nash4x

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/5 0

I will turn crazy.

This morning I moved files and bd to internet webhosting (i were in local mode) and permissions were unselected. I changed this and the problem was resolved.

I suppose that the problem must be in Windows cache or in something of local webserver (easyserv). But is rare. i will carry on with site development from external host.

Thanks again

ozaidum
Re: News 1.44 dont allows add/edit articles
  • 2006/9/21 12:00

• ozaidum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/20

I have the same problem. Can you help me fix it?

iHackCode
Re: News 1.44 dont allows add/edit articles

did you check the permissions in the news module

Resized Image
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits