ukandrewf
downgrade to 2.0.13
  • 2006/6/30 19:59

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

Ok I've made the decision to downgrade from 2.2.3 back to 2.0.13.

I have the downgrade script - has anyone used it there seemed to be no comments about how easy it was to use.

Next question I want to backup my site and create a copy to test the downgrade before I do it on the live site.

I'm a bit inexperienced with this stuff.

I have phpmyadmin installed and have backed up the sql database althought I'm not sure I have ticked all the right boxes when doing this. I'm also not sure how to restore.

I've ftp copied all the php for the site to my local pc.

Should I install a clean install of XOOPS 2.2.3 and link to a db then copy all the backup php over that install and restore the database?

How's the best way to tackle it?

thanks

Andrew

ps. should i be able to simply copy the php side of the site using cuteftp or whatever - I'm getting a lot of errors with 99% downloaded for example.

Bender
Re: downgrade to 2.0.13
  • 2006/6/30 23:21

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1. Make sure the downloaded files are ok. If you got issues with CuteFTP try using filezilla

2. Install yourself a Xampp package on your local machine as a webserver if you havent already anything else

2a. choose the Xampp version based on the php/mysql version used on your website to be as close as possible to that environment. You can find a list of different Xampp versions here
(If you use Linux then here for the linux versions.

3. Have a look at the first page of phpmyadmin on your webspace and see which colation the database uses. Create a similar one on your local machine

4. Run the sql querrie with the dump you made from your webspace
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

ukandrewf
Re: downgrade to 2.0.13
  • 2006/7/1 10:44

• ukandrewf

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/2

filezilla seems to work well although it too had some problems (my site is very large) should i switch off my site before copying all the files to reduce problems copying?

I have spare webspace and can create a copy site on actual web space (although maybe I should actually create a test server here on my pc for speed of access etc).

But what is the actual process for copying and restarting the site?

is it best to:-

a) do a clean install with a linked sql database
b) copy the php files over the top of the installation from the site to be copied.
c) then assuming phpmyadmin plugin works I can restore the database?

is this the best way to restore?

Login

Who's Online

276 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 276

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits