chlockett
XOOPS 2.1.1 + PHP 4.4.1 - Variable Reference Issues
  • 2006/5/23 17:12

• chlockett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/10

Beginning (with no clear cause) at the new year, my site began posting various PHP error/warning messages. Given below are only three of the messages:

- "Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 566"
- "Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/profile.php line 93"
- "Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 212"

If I set 'Debug' to 'Off' using the site administration tools, it disables all access to my site with exception to access from home.

For starters, why does disabling Debug in effect turn off my site?

More importantly, is there any way to either resolve or silence the reported screens of error messages/Notices.

The site in question ishttp://www.kidscookamerica.com and is currently being hosted by StartLogic.com.

Version Information:
PHP: 4.4.1
XOOPS: 2.1.1

Any and all recommendations are welcome! A trouble ticket has been submitted to SmartLogic, but I'm not holding my breath.

seventhseal
Re: XOOPS 2.1.1 + PHP 4.4.1 - Variable Reference Issues

The first place I started was DNSReport and you have minor issues - nothing to worry about.

So, the next question I would have is - if you are accessing your site from home - and you mean the site works as expected only from home, then I still would question the DNS servers. If youare saying that the site is turned off, except from home - you may have cookie issues in your browser. Clean them all out.

If you are saying the site does not resolve when warnings are turned off, that's a DNS issue, but probably unrelated to the warnings being on or off.

Those warnings are easy to fix, I have done that with my version of XOOPS I run. I would expect thost things to be cleaned up as new versions come out.

Without seeing the actual way your site works first hand, I am shooting in the dark.
John Horne - a.k.a. - VelocityWebDev, Seventhseal, CreepingDeath
VelocityWebDev Tech BLOG
VelocityWebHost Hosting and Design

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits