iDeologi
Block Top Page To Unregistered
  • 2006/5/17 4:38

• iDeologi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/12

I'm really beginner in XOOPs. I've some problem while creating module in my XOOPs Portal. I hope someone here can help me solve my problem:

- When i set some block to be displayed in top page, anynomous user cannot see the block. How the Block (such as recent Forum, top news) can be displayed on top page to UNREGISTERED USER?

- How can i set introduction text to Recent News to be displayed on top pages, not just displaying topics of recent news?

Thanks in advance.

Chappy
Re: Block Top Page To Unregistered
  • 2006/5/17 5:04

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

As far as issue #1, you need to set the block to be turned on and you need to make sure that each group has access to the given module and the given block. Thus, for any block to be seen by any group,

Block on?
Y

Access on for group for the module (NOT admin access)?
Y

Block set to be on?
Y

then it will show.

To set for the group to have permission to see the block go to system|groups|visitors(or anonymous) then scroll down the page to the module access permissions. Check off to make sure that, in your case, visitors have access to the news module. Scroll down a little further and make sure that the block you want the visitors to see is checked off. Submit the page and you should be good to go.

As to issue #2, there are several methods. For myself, I use the Spotlight Module version 2.2 to do my news block. It does the job I need. There are several different versions. Honestly, I can't tell you which one I have for certain but I think it's this one.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits