four3rds
XOOPS Performance
  • 2006/5/16 18:59

• four3rds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

The performance of my XOOPS site has gotten to be really, really bad. I have not applied any patches recently (it's at 2.0.13.2) or changed anything else on the server.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I should start to try to isolate the cause of the degraded performance?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

p.s. My xoops_session table was getting corrupt on a regular basic and I was having to run the MySQL REPAIR TABLE command to fix it. I do not know what was causing the table to get corrupted or if that was related to my current performance issues or not.

brash
Re: XOOPS Performance
  • 2006/5/16 22:30

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'd start by doing a search for performance tuning, as this question is asked many times with generally very similar answers. In a nutshell you need look at how your webserver is configured to run PHP (CGI sux for speed, but is the way most default installs and shared hosting providers run it), install a PHP opcode cache (such as eAccelerator/APC), look at optimising your MySQL caching settings and finally configure you XOOPS caching and ensure that your theme is not bloated with images or bad HTML.

If you are using a shared host, then unfortnately it is quite likely that you will not have access to configure any of these apart from your XOOPS caching and theme. You can try asking your host about this, but if they are not prepared to come to the party then I would recommend changing hosts.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

four3rds
Re: XOOPS Performance
  • 2006/5/19 11:32

• four3rds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/12

Thanks for the suggestions.

On what I think is a related note, any idea why my xoops_session is getting filled-up with multiple entries from the same IP address (66.249.72.195, Google?)? I have tried tweaking the robots.txt file and the robots meta tag but the table is still be populated very quickly.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits