Celobih
working module
  • 2006/5/7 15:10

• Celobih

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 2

Is there no one in here that knows how and have the will to continue working on some good modules.... Modules like MLS, buddyfriends, friendfinder and other modules that...
It is a shame that the modules dont work right...many people would like to use them...is there someone interested to fix the problems of thouse modules and make them work for all the people in here???

Will_H
Re: working module
  • 2006/5/7 16:13

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Perhaps you should ask Wizanda, who seems to be on a rampage with fixing buggy modules.

I believe wizanda is working on multimenu atm though.

wizanda
  • 2006/5/7 16:26

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Yeh I am doing and will with some help from us all, Yet I need the help and us to be organised in some way, which we are not and could be very easily.

At the moment I am fixing modules I have and alway try and get Tidyed up, then ages ago I did ask what to do if I fix something...

I was told that i would have to contact the author and send them the fixes, which I did and nothing got released.

So this time when I fixed Shoutbox beyond it being the same shoutbox and knowing Jan's email was semmi blocked due to spam.

I just released it.....Now yes I would like to get all the module working and do you know how hard it is....

Not very.....why?

Everyone has already got fixes just no way of releasing these.
so lets make a bucket for our fixes, use an editor that show diffrences colabarte as we once did....

I know everyone is waiting for the final fully finnished, !!Xoopsphere!!

Yet in the mean time we also need modules that can and will cope with the new system.

So that is where I am heading, not changing anything to much just Tidying stuff up as should have been done ages ago.

Big problem is our way of adding to the repository, again we we need a faster easier system, that doesn't require so much messing about.

If everyone is willing to have a meeting on here about how to do this.

I really would like to make XOOPS something special as it already is, yet pollished!!

With smart clothes on that are well cut and trimmed where needed, not just muscle and smart.

Celobih
  • 2006/5/8 6:26

• Celobih

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 2

I think that there are a lot of modules that are great but either dont work or have a lots of bugs and it is a shame...
I would fix some of them if I know how but that is the problem I dont... Take the module buddyfriends great module to send PM to users only thing there is is that you cant add noone to your buddy list.....for someone that knows a lot about this shouldent take long time to fix....

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits