mouacy
Hostings I have hosted with
  • 2006/4/21 16:32

• mouacy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/11/2

Here is my opinion from my experience. I have hosted with the following hostings:

ipowerweb.com --- ok. Once I got a lot of contents and visitors, the site slowed down and crashed from time to time.

canaca.com --- offered great attractive packages, but poor support and server could not handle the # of visitos I have which is 5 - 10 per minute. Won't let XOOPS query the database as need.

globat.com --- database access limited is low. Not good for XOOPS which queries the database a lot.

grouphosting --- worse hosting services I have ever been with.

startlogic.com --- good for the first year. second year my site kept crashing with less than 10 visitors simultaneously. Can't get tech support. Server does not run my XOOPS sites well. Crashing too much. May be good for smaller site with few visitors. Still can't figure out what the problem is. Planning to leave it.

webhostingbuzz.com --- haven't tried to fully load my XOOPS site there, but I doubt that it will handle my # of visitors. The tech said the server won't be able to handle. So... I got a site there running so so.

1and1.com --- currently hosting www.hmongregister.com and it seems to run ok with the #2 package. Setting up is bit confusing, but got through. FTP is slow. Don't know how well 1and1.com hosting server will handle XOOPS with 10 - 30 concurrent visitors browsing the site yet. But so far, 1and1 seems to be OK for now. I will get to test its ability when my site is fully loaded and my visitors are going there.

Again, those are my opinion from my experience with them. You and others might have better luck them than me.

iHackCode
Re: Hostings I have hosted with

i have heard canaca.com is bad..
nice review. sorry about you bad experiences though.

i also check out www.webhostingtalk.com for other peoples reviews on webhosts.
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Youngblood
Re: Hostings I have hosted with
  • 2006/5/3 5:59

• Youngblood

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/2 9

You can check this site for some useful reviews of popular and not so popular web hosts services:http://www.hosting-buyers-guide.com/
It have helped me get a better hosting company after having a bad experience.

Youngblood

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits