mmicc
Moving XOOPS to a different folder
  • 2006/4/21 3:59

• mmicc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/21

Hi,
First of all, thanks to the moderators and users for providing so much help on the support forums. I think it's definitely one of the things that makes XOOPS such a strong community!

I'm not sure if my questions has to do with migration or simple FTP move, but here goes:

Because I was a beginner, I created my website a few months ago through Fantastico (http://www.mmicc.org). I installed XOOPS on the root directory, which is the public_html folder on my FTP client:

ftp.mmicc.org
¦--> public_html
¦¦¦¦----> modules
¦¦¦¦----> cache
¦¦¦¦----> cgi-bin
¦¦¦¦----> (and so on)

What I'd like to do is move the entire XOOPS installation from the root directory to a sub-folder, which means I want to move the current XOOPS content from http://www.mmicc.org to http://www.mmicc.org/subfolder. I've read several guides on how to migrate XOOPS from one server to another, but here, I only want to move everything to a subfolder, so that the root directory itself can be freed.

How do I go about doing this?
And do I need to go into advanced php or coding modifications?
Any help would be so appreciated :)

Thanks so much in advance!

Will_H
Re: Moving XOOPS to a different folder
  • 2006/4/21 12:36

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

The easiest way to do this is to install XOOPS in the new folder and move the tables from your root installation.

Bender
  • 2006/4/21 13:35

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Move the files and folders and adapt the url&path within "mainfile.php" accordingly. That should be it.

(as long as no modules use direct path settings instead of making use of the xoops_root variable which nearly all do)

(a backup never hurts)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Will_H
  • 2006/4/21 13:37

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Really? that easy? all that wasted time restoring tables....

mmicc
  • 2006/4/22 8:06

• mmicc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/21

Thanks, I will try that.
In case I need to reverse, do I just restore the files and folders back to the root directory, or do I need to run a server backup?

Bender
  • 2006/4/22 9:41

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

In cases as such i would always recommend a full backup. It does never hurt and something can always go wrong.
(unlikely but you never know)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

424 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 424

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits