macmend
[NOT RECOMMENDED]
  • 2006/4/18 6:35

• macmend

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/27

so I made my comment in.... is "xoops falling apart", and here I am today trawling through the site when I notice that the sites i updated to 2.23 are not really going to be compatible with the update path toward 2.4!!

Or did I get that wrong?

2.0.13 is the true path!

or did I get that wrong?

So where does that leave my sites, and me and xoops....is there a better opensource CMS or one that communicates with its users in a way that makes sense?
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

apache server with php sshexec turned on
xoops version 2.0.18.1 & 2.3.1
php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

leostotch
Re: [NOT RECOMMENDED]
  • 2006/4/18 6:49

• leostotch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/1 1

Quote:
so I made my comment in.... is "xoops falling apart", and here I am today trawling through the site when I notice that the sites i updated to 2.23 are not really going to be compatible with the update path toward 2.4!!
Or did I get that wrong?

No
Quote:
2.0.13 is the true path!
or did I get that wrong?

Yes ! There is no "true" path. Just two parallel ones that will merge again when 2.4 comes. As far as I understood, the reason why 2.0.13 is the recommended version and not the latest 2.2 one is because it is better in term of quality and performance, now I dont see why there is a true and false path.
If 2.2.3 works for you, then good: it seems that neither the 2.0 or 2.2 branch are dead and that they are still being updated... so where's your problem ?
Do you want to have a working site that you'll be able to upgrade in the future, or do you just want to be able to upgrade to each and every single release for no reason ?

macmend
  • 2006/4/18 7:05

• macmend

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/27

I want a site that is upgradable, my problem is the upgrade path that knocks out modules I am using that makes it difficult to upgrade.

I have stayed with XOOPS but feel it is coming to an important junction and so am I ...maybe CMS's a re as well.

The way the statement is phrased on the download page, it makes it seem as if 2.2 is a blind alley, I immediately thought oh S*&t I have upgraded but now my upgrade wont segue to 2.4 and i will have to do all sorts of things to get back on track.

I upgraded to 2.4 and any modules that needed upgrading most of my other modules seem to work fine.

All of the questioning and the 'odd' (IMO) communication makes me doubt that I am using the right CMS.
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

apache server with php sshexec turned on
xoops version 2.0.18.1 & 2.3.1
php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

davidl2
  • 2006/4/18 9:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If you use 2.2.x - you have two main options.

1 - Use the downgrade script to move to 2.0.13.2 - and then you can update to 2.3 when ready, and later 2.4.

2 - Wait until 2.4 is released, then you can update to this.

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits