miscellone
Login name vs. display name
  • 2006/4/7 14:24

• miscellone

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

Hi!

I have installed XOOPS 2.2.4. There is a difference between a login name name and a display name.

The user should type a "login name" when she logged in and then a "display name" is displaied.

Unfortunately, the "display name" is also displaied as a default value in the field "login", so the user should cancel the default and change it to "login name" each time she would like to visit my site.

This behavior is very unconvenient. Is there some method to change it?

Regards,
Mikhail

gtop00
Re: Login name vs. display name
  • 2006/4/7 15:20

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hmmm.. There is a big discussion about this.

If you think that it is so unconvenient and don't want to touch the code, I would recommend to advice your members to use the same name for Login and Display names during the registration.

miscellone
  • 2006/4/7 15:46

• miscellone

• Just popping in

gtop00, thanks for your answer. It's a really big and interesting discussion, but I didn't find the answer of my problem in it.

I'am ready to change a code, and I have already disabled the "display name" changing by users.

But I really don't understand how to do the following thing: show the "login name", not the "display name" as a prompt during users login.

Regards,
Mikhail

gtop00
  • 2006/4/7 21:13

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

During login it is the Login name that must be used. After loging in, it is the Display name that is displayed!

This is at least what happens with 2.2.3. I don't know if there is any difference in Extended Profiles for 2.2.4.

miscellone
  • 2006/4/7 22:02

• miscellone

• Just popping in

Ok, I'll try to formulate the question more precisely:

This is the beginning of the template 'system_block_login.html'

<form style="margin-top: 0px;" action="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php" method="post">
    <{
$block.lang_username}><br />
    <
input class="input" type="text" name="uname" size="12" value="<{$block.unamevalue}>" maxlength="25" />

The variable <{$block.unamevalue}> contains the "display name" and I would like to place the "login name" there.

I cannot find the exact place where this information is stored. I think it is a cookie, but I'm not sure.

Regards,
Mikhail

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits