papabear91
Multiple Topics: Where to find Xoops Developer, what to do with Old Version of eXoops, other
  • 2006/3/8 18:41

• papabear91

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/3 1

Sorry if I am in the wrong place. I can't find anywhere in the Forum where I can try to locate someone with XOOPS development experience to help with our site www.SpiritTAG.com. We have an old version, eXoops v1.0, that we had bought from a place called PopScript.com that has a bunch of modifications already made to it for our site. So our options are to just stick with the old version and try to get someone help us make a few additional modifications (see below) or to try and get someone to help us "upgrade" the site to the latest XOOPS and re-implement our current customization, then make the modifications (from below) if not already in the latest XOOPS version. We are a poor non-profit (who isn't ), but can scrape together some funds to help offset someone's time if they wanted to take on an interesting challenge (see how I made it sound like fun ). Some of the things we want to do we thing would also be really good add-ons to XOOPS regardless.

The most important function we want is the #1 modification below (Comments on Profile) -- even over upgrading the site. If we got just that, we would be happy. So, please, if you have expierence with XOOPS development and modifying modules, and would like to make a couple of extra bucks, PLEASE get with us. You can respond here, PM me, or e-mail me at info@SpiritTAG.com Thanks for taking the time to read all this (and the modification info below).

Modifications:
1. (most important requirement) Add the ability to leave a Comment on someone's Profile so that other members could read the comment. Something that MySpace has which is very popular and in demand by our members.

2. (nice to have, but not essential) A workable Instant Messenger functionality integrated into the website so it looks like part of our XOOPS implementation. We tried installing BuddyFriends module, but it did not work -- besides that fact that it was designed for XOOPS 2.x (and we are on 1.0, from the comments I read, it doesn't work anyways).

3. (nice to have) Modify NewbbPlus (forum module we are using) to allow users to create Group forums on the fly (where that user then owns the Group -- but Admins can override as necessary) for things like Bands and the like.

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits