pmhoran
Not sure if I have been "hacked" or not ... Opinions & Suggestions?
  • 2006/3/8 14:59

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I am not even sure if this is the proper forum to post this ...

I have or rather had ... an adult content site that I got permission from my web host to establish on my reseller account.

It was membership by invitation only ... and there were very few members. The last few months I have had severe problems with my web host & the server I was on ... so I moved to a new server & new host this past weekend.

There are a number of sites I host that are XOOPS 2.0.13.2.

All the sites backed up and reloaded on the new site beautifully ... except the Adult Content site. I investigated why it wouldn't come up ... and discovered all the database was missing EXCEPT for the AMS & Avatar lines in the database. I went back to the old site ... and that database too was compromised.

At this point ... I do not know who, but the host, could have deleted so much of the database. Unfortunately, I had been "ignoring" the site ... and found the database in the backups I had were also compromised. So ... the site is lost ... but thats OK.

Members could upload their own pics and submit stories and each had their own Blog. But that is all.

It just bugs me not knowing who, why or how most of the database disappeared.

I had GIJOE's Protector installed. AND ... I had the mainfile.php out of the main root directory.

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions ... whatevers???

Thanks
Peter

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits