mperdue
problems on local server
  • 2006/2/20 14:22

• mperdue

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/16

Maybe someone here can help me out. I have a site that works well online and I have my test copy on my system so I can play with things. Everything used to work fine but now I can't change my general settings. For instance if I try to change the theme, I get the page that says that the database has been updated successfully but the theme hasn't been changed. Checking with phpMyAdmin confirms that the database hasn't been changed. However, I can change it manually with not problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mario

terrion
Re: problems on local server
  • 2006/2/20 15:21

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Try clicking YES on the option that allows theme/template updates in the general settings menu.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

mperdue
  • 2006/2/20 15:27

• mperdue

• Just popping in

I'll check that again after I get everything reloaded. I'm starting from scratch... again! Apache server, php, mySQL, the works...

Mario

All restored...

No go on your suggestion. The problem is that I can't make changes to the database from the admin menus. It's really pissing me off because this used to work perfectly. Fortunately, the active site is OK.

MP

mperdue
  • 2006/2/20 16:54

• mperdue

• Just popping in

OK, it's all working again. It looks like my firewall got confused and started blocking localhost...

Oh well, at least I can work on it again.

MP

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits