RImark
No multiple pages... What am I missing???
  • 2006/2/10 9:56

• RImark

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Hi -

I think I mist be missing something conceptually in XOOPS. It seems to obvious to me, yet no easy answer is avaiable is seems.

I want to have multipage "pages" like the first page. By that I mean I want control over appearence and position of blocks on each of these secondary pages. Example: Lets say I have a cooking site. I want to have major areas for the Home cook, the commercial cook, and the Restaurant Manager. I want each one of these sections to have it's own home page. Some might have news headlines, maybe some don't. Some I want to have an area at the top-middle with HTML area and then have XOOPS blocks below that.

I can do this ONCE with something line TinyContent. Do I really need to install THREE versions of TC to accomplish this? Am I going about thisthe wrong way?

Many CMS have the concept of "page" where a page is a collection of modules & blocks. This seems to be missing from Xoops. It's like each site is made up of variations of the home page and that's it. Am I missing something?

Thanks so much.

RIMark

jdseymour
Re: No multiple pages... What am I missing???

Generally, you would use a "News", "Article" or "Sections" module for something like this with multiple categories.

In some modules the categories can be formed into sublinks in the mainmenu. Others will have navigation options for categories.

HTH.

RImark
Re: No multiple pages... What am I missing???
  • 2006/2/11 10:48

• RImark

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

I don't understand... I want to be able to control visibility and placement of blocks on these other pages. How can I do that with a News item, Article, or Section?

Mark

Login

Who's Online

452 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 452

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits