csbjerke
Members site
  • 2006/2/10 9:39

• csbjerke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/13

I am running a site that is for people at school, and as a part of the school, everyone has to go twice on internships. As i am also reaching the end of the school, i am looking for a module that could help keeping track of where in the world people are now. Kind of like whereareyou.net.

it should be a mix of the current usermenu, but with blog possibility and also a possibility to add comments to the blogs and uploaded photos. I would also much appreciate it if it was a button or so from your user-information to link with this module. As for blocks, a list of last ten bloggers, and top five destinations or so would be nice.
Also as in the alumni block, with current photo as well as graduation photo of user.
Things as a map and flag of current position, as well as possibility to see if the "owner" of the blog is online would be a big bonus.

currently i am using the alumni block, as well as a blog service, but these things are not interlinked, and slightly difficult to use for the not so technically advanced users of the site.

i guess that there are more people out there looking for something like this.

Can someone help me with this? i do not know anything about PHP, otherwise i would have given it a try myself.

csbjerke
Re: Members site
  • 2006/2/16 14:53

• csbjerke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/13

i have thought about it, and found that the best option would probably be to make the "module" like a fully customizable module, just like any "contact us" form.

i am currently working with the Formulaire 3.23 as my contact form, and i guess (without any knowledge about it) that it would be an easy hack to make....?

instead of having the form to send as an email, it would create a page on the server that belongs to the user (www.domain.com/user)

on the other hand, it would also either have a built in blog option, or that it inputs all blogs written by this user in a separate blog. Alternatively just a link to the blog that is written.

Obviously it would be easy if the admin can also (in an easy way)choose to have some fields already filled in, based on the login information of the user. (email address, user name, location etc...)

By making it so general, and that admins can create the "form" which the users can fill in their information from, it would be more customizable than my previous post, and hence easier to use by other admins that are looking for almost the same module...

Also read this post

anyone able to do something like this?

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits