javier
Slow query problems. (22 seconds to complete)
  • 2006/2/9 3:07

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

Hi,

My hosting company want kick me out because they say a normal site use 0.50 server resources and my site is using 3,58 making the whole server slow,
they say the XOOPS keeps processes in sleeping mode in the MySQL db.

In few words i have a slow querys problem. (around 22 seconds)

What i can do?

thanks in advance.
javier

Catzwolf
Re: Long query problems.
  • 2006/2/9 5:29

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Find a dedicated hosting company or a decent hosting provider.

I have run many XOOPS sites and never ever have I been told that! I would start caching many blocks, modules that use static content. Open a dialog with them and disable your modules to see if this has any dramatic affect on sql. In short, find out what is actually causing it and not just blaming the core.

davidl2
  • 2006/2/9 9:16

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I've run up to about 9 XOOPS sites on my host at once - and never had any issues with server demand.

As John says, look into a better hosting provider...

javier
  • 2006/2/9 11:42

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

Quote:

John_N wrote:
Open a dialog with them and disable your modules to see if this has any dramatic affect on sql. In short, find out what is actually causing it and not just blaming the core.

Im not blaming the core, of course not, i think XOOPS its the best cms, i use since 4 years ago and i never had a problem before,
Im only try to discover where the problem is, sincerely i not trust in this hosting company,

Have not success searching the sleep process, them i make a little test, i tell to the hosting company i found the problem and solved (obvisuly is a lie), because im not trust in they words.

But the true is i DELETED ALL the forum topics (around 60.000 post)

and the hosting company never say a word again, that´s very strange, these people say about the sleep process, blah blah blah, now i not touch anything in the code, simply remove all the topics and they never say a word again,

My point is, if was true about the sleep process, no matter the number of forum topics,etc the problem should stay there or not?, however this people not complain again.
The site has 2000 daily visits and around 50 people online at the same time all the day.

------------------------

Exist any way to find the sleep process? because i not see nothing extrange in phpmyadmin process list,

best regards
Javier

TottoBG
  • 2006/2/9 21:55

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

Javier, have you done any changes to your site recently? Any new outside script, any new modules, etc.? Cause as your hosting company has now called you for this in first time, it should have been a recent problem. But for sure not a XOOPS core problem, think also not a cbb problem, but who knows..

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits