neilhedley
Pass-thru XOOPS Login to other apps?
  • 2006/2/4 16:39

• neilhedley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

Let's face it, not everything has been done as a XOOPS module. And in a couple of cases, the existing modules for popular programs are a little wonky.

In my case, I'm using ZenCart. But not the XOOPS version; I didn't like the display, and since there's no direct integration for my existing users, I decided to go with the regular ZC install.

Here's my question: Exactly what happens when a user logs into my XOOPS site? If I wanted to do a pass-thru login that would prevent that user from having to log in a SECOND time to my ZenCart store, that would be great. So I figure ZC must check somewhere to see if a user is logged in, and I want to come up with a way to add the necessary data as soon as my users login thru XOOPS. And that would be easier if I knew exactly what XOOPS does when a user successfully logs in.

Thanks in advance.

neilhedley
Re: Pass-thru XOOPS Login to other apps?
  • 2006/2/6 20:14

• neilhedley

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/1 1

I'm sure that with all the XOOPS geniuses that are out there writing modules that involve checking whether someone is logged in, the above request probably seems too basic to even waste time on.

I, however, am NOT a XOOPS genius. I can write enough code to make pages do what I want, but it's really really ugly code.

So if someone can even point me to a FAQ or a forum where I might find an answer, I'd be grateful.

Lance_
Re: Pass-thru XOOPS Login to other apps?
  • 2006/2/6 21:07

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Does not exist, can't be done easily, hence the reason it hasn't been done yet.

It is not a core dev priority to create the necessary "hook" to allow this process, maybe looked at for future versions of xoops.

That's the gist of it. I've been looking for solutions for this for a lonnng time, I'd like to be able to sync users and logins across many other mature open source software myself.

Cheers and G/L
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

318 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 318

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits