gediminasbyt
Hook system?

I've searched all over the place here, on sourceforge, devs and google, but seems to me there are no recent answers on whether XOOPS uses "hooks" or not. Are there any plans to use them. Can anyone elaborate me on this.

I'm looking for an ability just to call a user creation function (and similar) and hook it with an external module for embedding purposes. It would make life so much easier.

Sorry, but the closest explanation I did get was from Drupal forums, where some people left XOOPS because of extensive unnecessary calls to DB by each module and inability to use system functions and unavailability of hooking system.

Regards, Gediminas

gediminasbyt
Re: Hook system?

Bump

davidl2
  • 2006/2/1 9:14

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

An interesting idea ...

gediminasbyt

Still no answer. So can anyone tell me how do they update users while embeding external programs? I'm sorry, but while looking into XOOPS it does not make sense and it's not easy to synchronize users. There must be unnecsessary calls to be made to database all over the place with this approach. I'm trying to limit it and therefore asking for any suggestions on how to achieve something like:

user is created in XOOPS - the same user is created and updated by using an embed:hook call in another module and synchronized. So much easier...

I'm open to suggestions and confirmation from dev's would be nice

Bender
  • 2006/2/1 22:35

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Hmmm - I could have sworn I answered?

I believe you commented but did not answer his question =)

I think there is really no such thing in XOOPS however am not really qualified to answer this. So this might be an issue to be put into the comments on the 2.3/2.4 devsite to get attention and possibly inclusion into the next versions. Think the smf guys asked for something similar for their smf bridge to xoops. (you know how it is about those postings that are not on the frontpage when you check in - lol)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Dave_L
  • 2006/2/1 22:54

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Personally, I would like hooks.

I've had to hack the registration and login code to meet my customer's requirements. That means I'll have to port the hacks whenever I upgrade XOOPS.

It would be much simpler if there were hooks for this kind of thing.

gediminasbyt

Thanks Bender you were faster by a minute, since when commenting is considered an answer with all regards to David. That's why I have opened this forum so I could get an answer since searching and googling gave me answers only on non XOOPS sites and our devs mysteriously are not answering...

I'm not requesting for such a support in this version of xoops, I'm trying to get answers is it or will it.

Regard, Gediminas

EDIT

Wow, I posted it right after you Dave_L.

So, now I know there is no hook system. That's an answer to part1.

Now is there any plans in future?

davidl2
  • 2006/2/1 23:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

ive deleted my comments - as they are irrelevent.

Lance_
  • 2006/2/1 23:54

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I asked the question to Mith a couple weeks back concerning the SMF bridge being developped. So it doesn't exist, but maybe the devs will look into it, maybe...

Quote:

Quote Mithrandir:
Ahh. The problem is with getting the SMF stuff into the user profile and updating when editing the user? Maybe something more, but that's the basis of it?

At the moment they would need to be hacked in, but Skalpa says that he'll look at a method for modules to add content to the user profile - whether that will include editing it from one place, too, I don't know.

Anyway, it will be for XOOPS 2.3/2.4 at the earliest.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits