msdana
eXtCal and MySQL syntax errors
  • 2006/1/19 16:47

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Okay, for DAYS I've been trying to figure this out, but no luck. Hoping someone is a MySQL pro and can offer some advice! The error messages even have my web host stumped.

I'm using XOOPS 2.2.3 and eXtCal 2.0.2. The MySQL version is 4.0.12-nt. When I run debug here's what it says:

Queries module 
SELECT 
FROM xoops_group_permission WHERE (gperm_modid '16' AND gperm_name 'extcal_cat_view' AND gperm_groupid IN (1,2))
[
color=FF0000]SELECT FROM xoops_extcal_cat WHERE (cat_id IN (,6,4,8,5,3,2,1))
Error number1064
Error message
You have an error in your SQL syntaxCheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '6,4,8,5,3,2,1))' at line 1
SELECT FROM xoops_extcal_event WHERE (event_start <= '1138769999' AND event_end >= '1136091600' AND event_approved '1' AND cat_id IN (,6,4,8,5,3,2,1)) ORDER BY event_start ASC
Error number
Error message
You have an error in your SQL syntaxCheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '6,4,8,5,3,2,1)) ORDER BY event_start ASC' at line 1
SELECT FROM xoops_extcal_cat WHERE (cat_id IN (,6,4,8,5,3,2,1))
Error number1064
Error message
You have an error in your SQL syntaxCheck the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '6,4,8,5,3,2,1))' at line 1
0.000526)[/color
Total Number of Queries4  |  Total SQL Generation Time0.003981

I only posted the red errors, all other queries report fine.

This also happens with piCal installed. These programs run fine on my local host, but when I install on the host server,

Any help is appreciated!
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

msdana
Re: eXtCal and MySQL syntax errors
  • 2006/1/21 15:43

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

bump
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]

McDonald
  • 2006/1/21 18:55

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

It looks like some kind of incompatibility with your MySQL version.
Try to find these statements back in the script files.
In eXtCal it says i.e.:

$xoopsDB->prefix("extcal_cat")
$xoopsDB->prefix("extcal_event")

Change these in:
$xoopsDB->prefix('extcal_cat')
$xoopsDB->prefix('extcal_event')

I had something similar with WF-Links and block functions.

msdana
  • 2006/1/21 19:03

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Thanks! I'm off to figure this out

Just one quick question, will these be in more than one file?

Thanks!
Dana

McDonald
  • 2006/1/21 20:47

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Yes, that can be. In my case with WF-Links I only had to change it in one file, but I changed it also in other files to have everything the same and to avoid similar problems.
Best is to load all files in a text editor like ConTEXT (http://www.context.cx) and search for the terms in all files at once.

msdana
  • 2006/1/22 19:06

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Okay, I did as suggested and that still didn't work.

When logged in as admin, these are the PHP notices that I'm getting on the main index page:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset0 in file C:Program FilesEnsimWEBpplianceSiteDataDomainsPanhandleGateway.comROOTInetpubwwwrootmodulesextcalclassevent.php line 294
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined offset0 in file C:Program FilesEnsimWEBpplianceSiteDataDomainsPanhandleGateway.comROOTInetpubwwwrootmodulesextcalclassevent.php line 225

And these are the PHP notices that I get on the Calendar index page:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset0 in file C:Program FilesEnsimWEBpplianceSiteDataDomainsPanhandleGateway.comROOTInetpubwwwrootmodulesextcalclasscat.php line 117
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined offset0 in file C:Program FilesEnsimWEBpplianceSiteDataDomainsPanhandleGateway.comROOTInetpubwwwrootmodulesextcalclassevent.php line 225
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined offset0 in file C:Program FilesEnsimWEBpplianceSiteDataDomainsPanhandleGateway.comROOTInetpubwwwrootmodulesextcalclasscat.php line 117

This only happens when I'm logged in as admin. However, when a registered user submits an event, I can not see it.

Could this still be an incompatibility?

McDonald
  • 2006/1/22 20:16

• McDonald

• Home away from home

Well so far it looks good.
The errors are gone and the notices are not something to worry about.

Quote:
However, when a registered user submits an event, I can not see it.

If somebody submits an event it should be listed on the page: Modules -> eXtCal -> Index
It's here where you can approve, edit or delete the event.

The module Extensible Waiting Block 0.94b from GIJOE is a handy module to see which modules have posts that needs to be approved.

msdana
  • 2006/1/22 22:27

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

Oops, perhaps I wasn't clear. Sorry

I am still getting the SQL errors, in addition to these PHP notices.

Quote:
If somebody submits an event it should be listed on the page: Modules -> eXtCal -> Index

Users can submit an event without approval. Now, when I am logged in as admin, I can not see any events that users have posted, NONE. When viewing the calendar as anonymous or registered user, I can see all events.

And, when I logged in as admin, I can not see the categories for the calendar, but when viewing as anonymous or registered user, I can see the categories just fine.

Sounds like it goes back to the SQL syntax error, but I don't quite know how to fix.

Login

Who's Online

397 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 397

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits