jorgb2
I want to show my work but can't find an appropiate module
  • 2006/1/14 11:16

• jorgb2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/14

Hi all,

This is my situation. I have a number of components and projects I created, e.g. C++ projects etc. I want to orderly show these projects on my main site.

This means when someone clicks on Component1, they get a menu with download possibility, some links to the API docs, latest news etc.

I recently changed from Joomla to Xoops, I really like the availability of the modules! However I cannot seem to find a module that is oriented towards the following key points:

- Showing a beta version link of my component's next version
- Showing a final version link to download
- Standard menu struct per component with screenshot, API docs, bug report etc menu. I can link to screenshots to a gallery that is no problem, or even off site.

I recently came to a site that has something close to what I want for my versioned components, but since i am new to XOOPS I do not know what module this is. The link is;

http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

In here you see MyWorks that shows a module with beta, release and links to the work.

Can anybody help? ps. I have tried the CVS module it did not work properly as it appears to be in my module admin, but I cannot click it or no options appear in any menu.

With regards,
- Jorgen

kakos
Re: I want to show my work but can't find an appropiate module
  • 2006/1/14 12:05

• kakos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/6 2

I think it's "mydownloads" module, the default download module that comes with xoops. For more info look at http://dev.xoops.org or in module repository.

Costas

davidl2
Re: I want to show my work but cant find an appropiate module
  • 2006/1/14 12:21

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

It looks like GiJoe (who runs the above site) has used a custom XOOPS block to list his work, and linked directly to mydownloads.

An alternative to mydownloads would be wf-downloads (the latest of version can be found in my sig ) or other download modules from the repository.

Login

Who's Online

262 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 262

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits