wizanda
How can you link two xoops sites members databases
  • 2005/12/31 14:48

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

I have seperated my site into 2 both running on XOOPS 2.0.13.2....... to save on server load.

Yet now I need to link it, so that when one gets a new member the other does, how can I do this?

There did use to be a hack for this, anybody remeber where?

JMorris
Re: How can you link two xoops sites members databases
  • 2005/12/31 17:29

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

The only way I know of sharing user tables is using the Multisite Hack, which unfortunately does not work with 2.0.13.2.

I'm sure an SQL statement could be formed to synchronize the two tables, but I don't know SQL well enough to do it for you.

One option you could do, a messy option at that, would be to manually synchronize the tables via phpMyAdmin. It's far from ideal, but it would work.

Any SQL gurus want to take a stab at this one?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

wizanda
Plans on How to link two xoops sites members databases
  • 2006/5/6 8:06

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok can someone help me with this, like one of the XOOPS core team as I feel it will help many of us also if we added this into the core.....

What we could do, is make a members php file, that instead takes its members from a specified Database,
From the second site and not the one it is on, as do you need the mainfile, if you redfine it in the members file;
Better still it is if you could define it in prefrences where the members are taken from?
Yet this would mean a security risk as you have to then find some how also make the file none writeable after selection.

As this ways if we make XOOPS like this, that it can do both ways oif linking sites, standard and link the members database.
It would then mean any Xoopers who has any problems with server load, can easly just make second a XOOPS site for its memembers core and most used function with no problems....

What do you think, all of you?

I think it would be great if we could implement this in Xoops, as then could imagine, you could even have 5 XOOPS sites, yet with just one members Database for all.

Unless anyone can think of a better way?

Login

Who's Online

273 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 273

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits