konadu
Uploaded modules do not apear for installation
  • 2005/12/28 22:21

• konadu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

I am planning a web portal project and as such need quite a number of modules to achieve a great website look, feel and fuction.

i have uploaded quite a couple of module and they work well, but now, when i try to upload a module, it does not show in the system/module side at all. (does not appear for installation).

I will really appreciate if anyone of the great minds and experts in this forum can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Will_H
Re: Uploaded modules do not apear for installation
  • 2005/12/28 22:51

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

do you get any errors, i.e. does it say "can not find folder for..." or anything along those lines.

If it does chances are that you uploaded the actual module directory inside of another folder. always be sure to navigate your modules down until you are inside of the folder that contains your .php

what i am trying to say is that you may have uploaded the actual module folder inside of a package. when you should always just use the module folder

take wflinks for example.

it may unzip to a folder that says "wflinks" but could have a "docs" folder and an "html" folder inside of it. in this case you would go into "html" there may be a folder here called "module" go into this one too. long story short, always be sure to navigate your module folders before uploading them.

konadu
  • 2005/12/29 14:38

• konadu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/27

thanks for your reply, well i checked the folder and made sure that it was the exact folder with the file in it.

Then i also could see a statement like .... module could not be found when i was uploading the module.

Now i do not see it when uploading a module and the module does not appear..

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee helpppp needed.

thanks for your reply anyway.

davidthomas1

1) Check that you uploaded the correct folder & files to /your_xoops_root/modules/ folder

Each module folder should contain a file called xoops_version.php

This file allows it to be installed from the XOOPS admin.

2) Perhaps you uploaded a zip file or a tar.gz file?

If so, remember to unzip / decompress the module package BEFORE uploading it to your modules folder.

HIH.
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits