djconroy
Problem with Gold theme
  • 2005/12/28 22:15

• djconroy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/5 2

I'm trying to add content to the home page using the Gold theme from the theme library. Unfortunately, I can't figure out where to modify the content.

Before you start, yes, I have created a custom block. Yes it is set to only display on the top page. And it does. However...

There appears to be a block sitting in the way. There is a header with the site name and slogan, and a bit of emtpy space below it. I can shift the block below my custom block, but it's still there at the bottom, which doesn't look good. The general settings in prefs allows me to specify the site name, and the slogan populates this header as does each module title when in a module. But the home page has this header with blank content. If I comment out the content section in the theme.html, I lose all my content for modules.

Here's a link to the site so you can see what I mean. The default site title and slogan are at the top of the center block, and my custom block is right below it. Ideally I'd like the custom block info to show up under the home info, or just get the home header to not appear on the home page but appear on all the other pages.

my site

Will_H
Re: Problem with Gold theme
  • 2005/12/28 23:03

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

here is the code which starts around line 122

<
table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#EE9E5B" width="100%">

<
tr><td bgcolor="#FFFF94" valign="top" width="100%">

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%" bgcolor="#202020">

<
tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#333333" width="100%">        

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%" height="20" bgcolor="#202020">

<
tr><td background="<{$xoops_imageurl}>bg-tab-menu.gif" class="blockTitle">&nbsp;<class="mma" href="<{$xoops_url}>"><{$xoops_sitename}>a> / <{$xoops_pagetitle}>

td>tr>table>        

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="2" bgcolor="#202020">

<
tr><td background="<{$xoops_imageurl}>hr.gif">td>tr>table>

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="100%">

<
tr><td valign="top" class="blockContent" width="100%"><div id="content"><{$xoops_contents}>div>td>tr>table>

td>tr>table>td>tr>table>

<
br>

basically what you want to do is destroy the
reference.

<
table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#EE9E5B" width="100%">

<
tr><td bgcolor="#FFFF94" valign="top" width="100%">

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%" bgcolor="#202020">

<
tr><td valign="top" bgcolor="#333333" width="100%">        

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="2" bgcolor="#202020">

<
tr><td background="<{$xoops_imageurl}>hr.gif">td>tr>table>

<
table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" height="100%">

<
tr><td valign="top" class="blockContent" width="100%"><div id="content"><{$xoops_contents}>div>td>tr>table>

td>tr>table>td>tr>table>

<
br>

this should get rid of the entire thing for you. You could also have changed it to say whatever you want by changing <{xoops_url}> and <{pagetitle]>. even tags would work here.

djconroy
Re: Problem with Gold theme
  • 2005/12/29 0:30

• djconroy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/5 2

Thank you very much for your reply... unfortunately...

When I comment out the
for the xoops_pagtitle table, it breaks the header for all the other modules.

Is there a way I can just take my custom block info and put it into a file that is apparently referenced by theme.html as xoops_contents?

I noticed this setup works fine with other themes, so it might possibly be a theme-specific issue. I've set up other XOOPS sites just fine with custom blocks.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits