dotmil
Sharing news across Xoops sites
  • 2005/12/4 22:17

• dotmil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/6 2

I'm really stumped on this one, but maybe someone here can help or at least point me in the right direction.

I have a site that uses the news module for the front page. A friend of mine has another XOOPS site which also uses the news module. What we'd like to do is to take his RSS feed from his news module and use that as the input into our news module. I don't want to totally disable our news, because we will still post our own articles and original content along with his feed.

Does anyone have the foggiest clue how to go about doing this? I had thought about maybe taking his feed and running it through any RSS parser that can generate HTML output, but I don't know how to take that output and use it as input into the news module. I'm sure it can be done by using the proper SQL, but I'm more than a bit rusty on that whole mess and our PHP/SQL guru is out for a bit. So, any suggestions?

Thanks!
DebCentral
Debian and derivative distros community and news!
DebianHomepage.org All your Debian news in one place!

jdseymour
Re: Sharing news across Xoops sites

You would probably want to use a headline module like xhld 2.99 the point it to:

http://yoursite.com/backend.php

And it will pull the latest articles and display within the module page, or even blocks if you enable it.

HTH.

dotmil
Re: Sharing news across Xoops sites
  • 2005/12/5 20:17

• dotmil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/6 2

Excellent! The one remaining question is how to integrate this so that our news postings and his both show up within the same block in the correct ordering.

If you need more of a visual, checkhttp://debcentral.org . That layout is what we're trying to keep. Maybe splitting the news into 2 columns would work, ut thats definitely a second choice if we can get this working and keep things looking the same.

Thanks for the help too!
DebCentral
Debian and derivative distros community and news!
DebianHomepage.org All your Debian news in one place!

Login

Who's Online

132 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 132

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits