london
XoopsPoll Module
  • 2005/12/2 14:02

• london

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 2

Dear All,

I am having problems with the xoopspoll module when I created a subdomain of my site. Say I am running www.test1.com with physical path set to /htdocs/test1 and url www.test1.com and table prefix is xoops.

I create a subdomain, www.test2.test1.com, copy the files over to a folder test2, amend mainfile so that physical path is /htdocs/test2, url is www.test2.test1.com and table prefix is xoops36 (for some reason, it was not working so I changes physical path to /htdocs/test1).

I create a new poll for test2.test1.com but then it appears on my test1.com website without even been part of the polls that I can see when I select List Polls from the Administration menu. Moreover, any change made on any of the sites is reflected to the other.

What might be the problem here?

Thanks,
George

highlander
Re: XoopsPoll Module
  • 2005/12/2 15:14

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

George,

It seems there is a bit of crosstalk going on between your databases.
As a safe gaurd it is good common practice to give different databases differtent names, different prefixes and different users who can connect.

This way it wont be possible to have one XOOPS install talking to the wrong database.

Also take a good look at your mainfile.php settings (on both sites) as that is where the connection information is stored.

Hope This Helps,
Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

london
  • 2005/12/2 15:41

• london

• Just popping in

Highlander,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately, I am on shared hosting so having more databases is not an option. However, the table prefix is different which I would think is sufficient for retrieving the polls list from the right table. It is only doing it with the polls module also and that is confusing - everything else works fine so <{$xoops_url}> is not misinterpreted.

What else could possibly be wrong?

George

highlander
  • 2005/12/2 21:36

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Very strange situation,

I can't think of any way the xoopspoll module could even know about the other sites prefix. And as the error doesn't pop up in other places I think the module itself must be to blame.

You are not sharing cache folders between these two sites or something ??

your last sentence is
Quote:

Moreover, any change made on any of the sites is reflected to the other.

Do you mean this is also affecting other parts than just the polls module ?

greetings, a confused Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

london
  • 2005/12/4 21:54

• london

• Just popping in

No, definitely not. Each site is in a different folder with a different cache and a different templates folder.

It's just the xoopspoll module that is affected, that is the strange think.

George

Login

Who's Online

321 user(s) are online (219 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 321

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits