Arowana
New Member Activation
  • 2005/11/29 16:58

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

How long does a member meber of a XOOPS site have to activate his account before the XOOPS system will delete it?
Arowana

TottoBG
Re: New Member Activation
  • 2005/11/29 20:54

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

Hi Arowana. Not sure, but I think XOOPS doesn't create the account itself before it's activation. If it did then there would be no sense of account activation as the DB would grow hardly by possible spam automatic registrations (not sure also how this was really called ).

jdseymour

Quote:

Arowana wrote:
How long does a member meber of a XOOPS site have to activate his account before the XOOPS system will delete it?

I send out a reminder e-mail on the 15th of each month for inactive users from the previous, I give them to the 1st of the next month then I delete the inactive account. You can do both of these through the "Find Users" interface. To resend the activation code, from the XOOPS e-mail interface use the following code in the body of the message:

{X_UACTLINK}

Here is what my reminder e-mail looks like:

Quote:
You or someone using {X_UEMAIL} registered an account at www.warpigw2.com. This registration still requires activation. If you would like to complete the activation of your account, please click on the activation link below:

{X_UACTLINK}

If this e-mail was sent in error, or you do not wish to complete the process, do nothing and the account will be deleted on the first of the month.

This is a final reminder.

Thanks for visiting warpigw2.com {X_UNAME},
John Seymour
(warpig)

Arowana
  • 2005/11/29 22:00

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

So the webmaster has to manually delete the NON-Active users

If there some setting to set to let XOOPS to clean this out?

What DB Table is it in?

Thank you
Arowana

Arowana
  • 2005/11/29 22:07

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

nevermind the table I found it. I just wish there was an easier way to let them expire that all. Until then they just take up DB space until I clean them out...

Thanks for all your help
Arowana

jdseymour

The same "Find Users" interface, you can either e-mail or delete the users from there, just search for inactive users only.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits