nikki
News 1,4 approval problems
  • 2005/11/20 15:00

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Hi all,

I'm using the News 1.4 module.

I uploaded it last week and managed to post a news item. I went back to it today and I have submitted news successfully but cannot seem to approve anything.

The permissions are set correctly for me, webmaster, to approve and submit in every category.

Any ideas?

TIA
:)

siweb
Re: News 1,4 approval problems
  • 2005/11/20 16:24

• siweb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/2 1

You should check Approve checkbox in submit form or approve news later in Admin section.

nikki
  • 2005/11/20 22:51

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Hi siweb,

Thanks for the tips. Yes, I had checked the 'Approve' box in the submit form. I'm not sure what "approve news later in Admin section." means or where in the Admin section that is. Could you clarify? thanks :)

I've checked the Approve box each time and then tried approving it through the Admin area, and nothing...

maker
  • 2005/11/30 4:36

• maker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

Same problem for me.

All user groups can post news, on all categories, only webmastrs can appove them , these are the settings.

I can Edit only the news I post, the ones submited by anonymous users can only be deleted, the system informs me that I do not have the right to ...

I have 2years experience with XOOPS

X-Elvis
  • 2005/11/30 5:00

• X-Elvis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/4 1

It seems to be a common problem with the 1.4 release. I tried uploading it on two different sites, but with the same effect.

Once an article has been posted, it can't be edited neither by the poster, nor even the webmaster.

I also have problems with the use of the Image Manager. I can upload pictures there, but cannot insert them in articles. Initially thought it might be Koivi, but the basic editor wouldn't insert pictures either.

I hope some of the module's authors reads this forum - maybe there is a bug, or maybe we are all doing the same mistake?

Let's hope for a solution - ASAP!

X-Elvis
Re: News 1.4 approval problems - fix
  • 2005/11/30 6:45

• X-Elvis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/4 1

I actually found a work-around or a temp fix for the problem of not being able to edit articles as admin or your own posts. If anyone has the same problem, this might help:

In the news module directory, in submit.php, on line 80 there is the following chunk of code:

if(is_object($xoopsUser) && ($xoopsUser->getVar('uid')!=$tmpstory->uid()) && !is_admin_group()) {
redirect_header(XOOPS_URL.'/modules/news/index.php', 3, _NOPERM);
exit();
}

} else { // Users can't edit their articles
redirect_header(XOOPS_URL.'/modules/news/index.php', 3, _NOPERM);
exit();
}

Just comment the whole else{} part out, and you should be able to edit articles again. The whole conditional block makes no sense to me - two identical statements get executed, no matter what.

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits