nikki
Alternate block look
  • 2005/11/18 20:00

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Hi all,

I'm using the phpkaox theme and trying to customise it a little. I would like to have my centre blocks look different from the left & right blocks. I like the default theme look of the centre blocks.

I took a look at the html pages and tried adding the following to my theme page:
Quote:

<{include file="default/blocks/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}> <{/foreach}>

I copied and uploaded that html from the default theme into the phpkoax theme.

I'm a beginner so obviously have no idea of what I'm doing. lol

Could anyone direct me to what I need to change/do?

TIA
:)

JMorris
Re: Alternate block look
  • 2005/11/18 23:26

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

The look of the blocks is primarily controlled through your style.css file.

For instance, the phpkaox theme has only a few lines that define all blocks, as seen below.
.blockTitle {background-color#E2DBD3; color: #666600; padding: 2px; font-weight: bold}
.blockContent {background-color#efefef; padding: 2px;}

Whereas the Default theme has a much more detailed definition of how the center blocks should be defined.
td#centercolumn th {background-color: #2F5376; color: #FFFFFF; vertical-align: middle;}
td#centerCcolumn {padding: 0px 3px 1px 3px;}
td#centerCcolumn legend.blockTitle {padding: 3px; color: #639ACE; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px;  margin-left: 0px;}
td#centerCcolumn div.blockContent {border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; border-right: 1px solid #cccccc; border-bottom: 1px solid #dddddd; padding: 3px; margin-right: 0px;  margin-left: 0px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 120%;}

td#centerLcolumn {width: 50%; padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;}
td#centerLcolumn legend.blockTitle {padding: 3px; color: #639ACE; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 0px;}
td#centerLcolumn div.blockContent {border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; border-right: 1px solid #cccccc; border-bottom: 1px solid #dddddd; padding: 3px; margin-left: 3px; margin-right: 2px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 120%;}

td#centerRcolumn {width: 50%; padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;}
td#centerRcolumn legend.blockTitle {padding: 3px; color: #639ACE; font-weight: bold; margin-top: 0px;}
td#centerRcolumn div.blockContent {border-left: 1px solid #cccccc; border-right: 1px solid #cccccc; border-bottom: 1px solid #dddddd; padding: 3px; margin-left: 2px; margin-right: 3px; margin-bottom: 2px; line-height: 120%;}

What I would suggest is look at the CSS in style.css for the Default theme and for phpkaox. Compare the two and ajust as the style.css file as needed for the phpkaox theme.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

nikki
Re: Alternate block look
  • 2005/11/19 13:35

• nikki

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/10/31

Thanks James.

I really apprecite that as I couldn't work out what to look for.

However, I think it's beyond me as I gave it several goes and nothing changed. But thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
:)

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits