Xetox
Adding a Catagorie to the Main Menu
  • 2005/11/17 19:49

• Xetox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

Ok so I want to add like <Games> the main menu from there I would like to have a subsection under that that would iclude games like I have Legend of The Green Dragon. Is this possible?

Bender
Re: Adding a Catagorie to the Main Menu
  • 2005/11/17 20:08

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check this out and go to "Menus"

http://www.macambridge.com/dummies

For a quick look it should still apply in that part to XOOPS 2.2.x series.

If you wanna do more you could also note the links from your main menu and recreate them using Solos MultiMenu module. Then turn of your main menu and use a multimenu block instead which has a lot more options and different display forms.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Xetox
  • 2005/11/17 20:53

• Xetox

• Just popping in

That mod was just what I was looking for...you da man.

Ok here's another one for ya, when I create a Games Mainlink...I have no page for it to point to cause I have not made one yet. But I have a Dyanmic Sublink that I want to pop in when you click on games. Well I set the Games Mainlink just to point to the home page, but that is cause the sublink not to appear?

Does that make any sense?

Bender
  • 2005/11/17 20:58

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Hmmm canĀ“t tell. I never had the need for that module on my sites hence no personal experience with it.

Maybe someone else can answer this or you go chase down solo.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

solo71
  • 2005/11/17 21:28

• solo71

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/1/29

Quote:

Bender wrote:

[...] or you go chase down solo.

Never try to hunt a wolf... or the wolf will hunt you.

As for your problem, Xetox, its obvious the mainlink need a page to display its related dynamic sublink. Of course, you may want to activate it as permanent sublinks, so that it would display all the time?

Xetox
  • 2005/11/18 13:18

• Xetox

• Just popping in

If you take a look at my site, morbidfascinations.com you will see what I am talking about. Just like with you click on the Gallery you have sub menus that drop down. That is what I want to achive with games. I just need to build a games main page so that the mainlink has something to point to.

Thanks again!

spidersilk
Re: Adding a Category to the Main Menu
  • 2005/11/19 23:53

• spidersilk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/10

Quote:
If you wanna do more you could also note the links from your main menu and recreate them using Solos MultiMenu module. Then turn of your main menu and use a multimenu block instead which has a lot more options and different display forms.

This is something I'd like to do too - I've downloaded and installed MultiMenu, but am not clear on how I would make a menu I created there replace the main menu. Any pointers on how to do that?

Thanks,

Lynna

Lance_
  • 2005/11/20 3:35

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

@ Xetox

If you want the sublink to appear only once the Mainlink has been chosen then set the sublinks to "Dynamic Sublink". Permanent sublink will show all the time, just like you have it now.

If you don't want to create a Games page, you could leave the links as Permanent sublinks and put the Games as a Category.

@ spidersilk

It is a fairly simple module. If you play a bit with it, you'll get most of it. For example I just figured out the Category thing I suggested above by playing with and seeing if this option was available. And low and behold it was. lol

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits