jonwatson
Moving from Dev Environment to Production
  • 2005/11/16 21:30

• jonwatson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/16

As mentioned in a previous thread about Wordpress, I now have an XOOPS dev environment set up. I have it installed under the /xoops directory on my web server.

My current blog (which I am replacing with Xoops) is under a /blog directory off of the main server.

This is my plan, but I need some help.

1. COntinue configuring my XOOPS installation under the /xoops directory and the dev database.

2. Once I have it just the way I want it, export the database and download the entire directory structure.

3. Delete my blog under the /blog directory

4. Upload all my XOOPS files into the /blog directory.

5. Dump all the tables into the production database

6. (Here's where I need help) Go into the XOOPS configuration and let it know that it is now located in the /blog directory and not the /xoops directory.

I think my reasoning is pretty sound, but I don't know how step 6 is going to bite me in the butt. Can I just make the changes in a config file, or can I re-run the XOOPS install script?

I gotta tell ya - this is incredibly painless. I thought it would take me days to get to the point of integration that I reached in a few hours.

I played with XOOPS about a year-ish ago and it was good then. Now it's simply phenomenal.

Thanks!

PS - I should probably add in here: the reason why my XOOPS installation MUST go into my blog directory is because of Google page rank. If I move it out of that director, then I'm going to lose my hard earned Google status :)

Bender
Re: Moving from Dev Environment to Production
  • 2005/11/16 21:32

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Have a look into the mainfile.php file in your XOOPS rootdirectory. Thats the place where you need to make the only changes. If the comments in there don´t help just get back to us.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jonwatson
Re: Moving from Dev Environment to Production
  • 2005/11/16 21:50

• jonwatson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/16

Quote:

Bender wrote:
Have a look into the mainfile.php file in your XOOPS rootdirectory. Thats the place where you need to make the only changes. If the comments in there don´t help just get back to us.

Thanks! I'll poke around there and get back to you with my results.

J

Login

Who's Online

93 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 93

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits