dwhitten
xdirectory with 2.2.3
  • 2005/11/8 18:49

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/22

I can add a listing from the admin side, but from the user side I get this:

"The requested URL /modules/xdirectory/submit.php was not found on this server."

This is true, the path is missing a directory on the front.

Deb

dwhitten
Re: xdirectory with 2.2.3
  • 2005/11/9 15:02

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

Ok, that was an easy fix - had to fix the template.

However, under the admin section, I can't validate listings. The page shows up, everything is ok except down at the bottom. The description has extra code in it, and there's no submit button. I got around it by setting auto-validate on the listings.

Here's what happens when I go to validate a new listing:

The description field should contain the word 'test' - instead, it contains the word test and a whole bunch of other HTML that I can't even post because it breaks all the buttons and stuff on this page too!

I get no submit button, and all the links on the page don't work. Sorry - I don't know how to just display the HTML as code... weird!

Deb

cgunther
  • 2005/11/9 17:09

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

What is your version of xdirectory? When Installed it about 6 weeks ago it turned out the version I had downloaded was out of date. I found a newer version on the XOOPS support site for Brasil.(version 1.5) I still have trouble with approval of updated submissions. (I'm opening a second window and using copy/paste to update listings manually.)Other things are running much smoother. I have been following development of mx-directory by tripmon and so far it looks to be a good alternative/upgrade for this module, its still a beta version and dev. is not moving so fast but people are using it anyway and have good things to say about it.

If you need xdirectory 1.5 send me a PM with your email and I will attach it and send to you.
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

dwhitten
  • 2005/11/9 17:49

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

Oh dear, it looks like I have version 1.1 - I downloaded it from the module repository here.

I am ok with it the way it is for now (automatic validation) but... I'm a little worried what might happen when my site goes live in Feb, and I'm not sure if it's a module thing or XOOPS 2.2.3, I've had a few problems with a couple other modules.

Ok, I'm gonna post a new thread about my custom blocks problems...

Thanks,
Deb

cgunther
  • 2005/11/9 17:55

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

Great, I will follow to see what develops.
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

donm1021
  • 2006/1/10 23:13

• donm1021

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/10

Anyone reply to this? I just installed xdirectory using the current module in the repository - and I can do everything except "validate" submissions?

The new submission shows up - but no way to validate it?

I noticed that I have all of that code in the textbox also.

Any ideas?

Nevermind I did find the fix for this in the "comments" in module respository for the xdirectory module. Here it is for anyone else that is searching:

edit...
/modules/xdirectory/admin/index.php
Line:151

Change...

echo "<textarea name=description cols=\"60\" rows=\"5\">$description</text>\n";

to...

echo "<textarea name=description cols=\"60\" rows=\"5\">$description</textarea>\n";

Hope this helps!

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits