mlb160
How do I rename my home page?
  • 2005/11/5 17:48

• mlb160

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/5

Hello everyone. I am trying to create a new web site and I've never done it before. I have instructions that say my home page must be named 'index.html' or else the site will not appear. How do I change the name of my home page? And once I've done that, how do I upload my files to make the site public? Sorry for all the questions, I am a true novice. Thanks in advance!

Lance_
Re: How do I rename my home page?
  • 2005/11/5 18:41

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Hey mlb,

Can you be a bit more specific on request.

Where do you host? Do they give you PHP and MySQL with your hosting?

If you are a true novice, you will have a good deal of research and "googling", before you can get anything set up.

Peace.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

mlb160
  • 2005/11/5 18:58

• mlb160

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/5

Lance, thanks for the response. I host on XOOPS and do have PHP and MySQL. We have the web page built and set up the way we want it, we just don't know how to publish it or upload it. Any help would be much appreciated.

McDonald
  • 2005/11/5 20:12

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

You can upload your files with a FTP program or with the web-based ftp-client offered by your hoster if it is included with the subscription.
If you're looking for a ftp program go to File Flash and use ftp as a search term.

Bender
  • 2005/11/5 20:15

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

You mean you have the XOOPS based homepage running locally on your pc with xsas, xampp or some other webenvironment?

If so:

Upload all files from your local pc to your main directory on your server. (beginning with the XOOPS directory that holds for example mainfile.php.

Then make a backup of your database using phpmyadmin or another tool. Upload that backup to the database on your webspace. (for a more detailed description how to do this please check the faq on this site)

Then you need to set the correct permissions for the uploaded folders and finally you need to edit the file mainfile.php and change the data for the path, your websiteurl, username and password for the MySQL database on your webspace.
(More details can also be found in the Faq here again. Search for "moving website")

If you get stuck dont hesitate to fire back specific questions
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits