PilgrimWay
Installation Wizard Question
  • 2005/11/4 21:06

• PilgrimWay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/4

Hello All you wise people,

I am new I will admit that right up front, and this may have been answered somewhere in the forums, but I did not see it so I will ask, sorry if it is repetitive.

When I go to the address where I uploaded, I get the wizard but it wont progress past the first page, where you choose your language. I unistalled it and reinstalled it, and I get the same problem. So I am a bit lost. I believe my server meets all the correct specs.

I uploaded the files to my server to a subfolder. I want this to noot be in my root. Could this be a problem? So instead of it loading at www.mysite.com I wanted it to load at wwww.mysite.com/myfolder/

My Host is IICinternet.

Thanks in advance to the collective wisdom here.

Sean

jdseymour
Re: Installation Wizard Question

What XOOPS version are you installing?

PHP and MySQL versions?

See these Flash Tutorials for XOOPS 2.0x or these Flash Tutorials for version 2.2x, see if anything helps there.

McDonald
  • 2005/11/4 21:52

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Don't forget to mention Xoops for Dummies.

PilgrimWay
  • 2005/11/4 21:53

• PilgrimWay

• Just popping in

Thanks for the reply, yes that would have been handy for me to include.

PHP 4 and MySql3.x I am unsure which version it was not listed for me. But when I installed PHPBB, I had to use the 3.x option.

And XOOPS 2.2.

I will check the falsh tutorials to see if I missed anything. Thanks

PilgrimWay
  • 2005/11/4 22:09

• PilgrimWay

• Just popping in

Hey there,

I had indeed seen the XOOPS for Dummies. I did check the flash tutorials, which are supberb by the way, but, thankfully, I had followed all the directions exactly. It is just stuck on that first screen. Kinda Like holding candy just out of reach in front of a kid.

It seems like to me since the first screen comes up, it must be working to some extent.

Think I should delete and try a third time?

PilgrimWay
  • 2005/11/4 23:31

• PilgrimWay

• Just popping in

Hello there,

Just an update. I removed the folder and all its contents from my server. And then very carefully did everything mentioned in the tutorials. I used XOOPS 2.2.3a and I still get the same thing.

When I click on the next button for the Install, it refreshes and gives me the same screen, where I can pick English. Could this be indicative of a PHP server issue on my Hosts side?

Thanks again.

Sean

Bender
  • 2005/11/4 23:57

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Can you unzip and upload this phpinfo file to your webspace, call it in your browser, save the page and send it to me? (Or send me the link by pm)

http://www.wf-projects.com/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=42&lid=17
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits