Dave_L
Changes to theme don't take effect
  • 2005/11/1 3:07

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

[XOOPS 2.2.3a-Final]

Ok, this one is driving me nuts.

I "cloned" the default theme by making a copy of the themes/default/ directory with a different name (call it "newtheme"). That much is no problem, I can select the new theme and make some changes to it.

But I'm trying to modify the template themes/newtheme/navigaton/theme_usernav.html, to add a link or button to the top bar that contains the User Actions menu.

Changes I make to that file do not show up in the compiled template, or in the generated HTML.

In the system module's preferences, I have "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" set to "Yes".

I've tried deleting all the files in templates_c/.

Caching is off.

I can't find any traces of that template in the database; I've searched the database, and dumped it to an .sql file and searched that.

What's going on?

JMorris
Re: Changes to theme don't take effect
  • 2005/11/1 3:11

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I've run into this situation before when cloning a theme. In your newly cloned theme, do a find and replace for every instance of default/ and change it to newtheme/.

If you have Dreamweaver, you can do this for every file in one shot.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Dave_L
Re: Changes to theme don't take effect
  • 2005/11/1 3:54

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Thank you, that was the problem.

The files that needed changing were theme.html and themeadmin.html. A couple of the stylesheets also contain occurrences of "default", but those are style attribute values, rather than directory names.

Login

Who's Online

859 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 859

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits