zippylad
XOOPS Session and Sessionsaver extension for Firefox
  • 2005/10/16 4:41

• zippylad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/16

Hi all.

I have found that when using the sessionsaver extension for FireFox, XOOPS is not requiring the user to log back in if the browser is closed down. For that matter, the whole computer can be shut down, and sessionsaver will bring the user back to where they were in the XOOPS site without having to re-authenticate.

Is there any way to correct this?

Just FYI:
XOOPS 2.2
PHP 4.2 / MySQL 4.0.2
FireFox 1.07
Sessionsaver .2

Many thanks,
cHris

Jan304
Re: XOOPS Session and Sessionsaver extension for Firefox
  • 2005/10/16 10:23

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

When the session file is written to the USER it is clearly defined as a session cookie (which a browser automatically removes when closed).

If you install an extension that intentional prevents FF from removing the session cookies, how can you blame the system?

A easy solution if you do not want to remove that extension: click the 'Logout' button in the User Menu

// Edit: I almost forgot: you _can_ mislead the sessionsaver by writing a date in a cookie instead of session (ATTENTION: this can result in somebody being logged out while for example writing an article!). Check System Admin - Settings - Own Session.

Goodluck!
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo:...

zippylad
  • 2005/10/16 21:38

• zippylad

• Just popping in

Thanks a lot.

I certainly don't 'blame' the extension for operating the way it does. I was just looking for a way around it.

I have noticed that I don't have this issue on the xoops.org site when using the same browser/extensions, so I was basically wondering how to make that happen.

Jan304
  • 2005/10/17 18:41

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Quote:
I have noticed that I don't have this issue on the xoops.org site when using the same browser/extensions, so I was basically wondering how to make that happen.

Told you the solution for that question:
Quote:
// Edit: I almost forgot: you _can_ mislead the sessionsaver by writing a date in a cookie instead of session (ATTENTION: this can result in somebody being logged out while for example writing an article!). Check System Admin - Settings - Own Session.

That's exactly what is happening on XOOPS.org
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo:...

zippylad
  • 2005/10/17 19:13

• zippylad

• Just popping in

yep. Got it.

Many thanks![quote]

Login

Who's Online

235 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 235

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits