billyvision
need your help --- pakistan earthquake

hi
my name is dr bilal alam
and im located in ayub teaching hospital abbottabad pakistan
yesterday i was given an assignement to construct a website related to the earthquake disaster. I am working on the website called : www.amcrelief.com

Since i am working alone here on the computer and i need your assistance badly. over 35,000 people have died in our region. and the expected dead toll may go up to 100,000 . please help me promote this website. this site is meant to generate funds from international/national donars. since i am doctor by professsion and dont have expetise in webdevelopment i will request you people at XOOPS to go out on different websites and promote the cause. we have setup our base in ayub medical college / teaching hospital.

THIS IS AN ABSOLUTELY NON PROFIT WEBSITE.
this is how you can help us

1) visit the site and look for any typos
2) link to our site ( please)
3) goto different online forums/site and promote it
4) help me how i can improve this
5) give donations if you can
6) email me disaster related pictures on bilalalam (at) yahoo.com

please note that www.amcrelief.com is directly associated with the relief operatons! Ayub teaching hospital is the only tertiary hospital in the region and we have to bear all the load. and since the govt response has been sluggish we are looking at international support.

Zoobink
Re: need your help --- pakistan earthquake
  • 2005/10/12 8:57

• Zoobink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/27

Well Dr,

Maybe you are legitimate and maybe you are not.

I mean no offense, but after the experience of the asian tsunami and the amount of fraud that was later detected regarding charitable donations, I would recommend that no-one donate through your website.

By all means people should give generously to aid the victims in this earth quake.

BUT, and its a BIG BUT.

They should donate through a registered charity in their own country that they can trust 100% (or near enough to 100%).

billyvision
Re: need your help --- pakistan earthquake

sorry for the late reply !!! we have been busy like anything!

i absoluty agree with you.. so let me tell you who we are

http://www.ama.org.pk

and this is a new website:http://www.amcrelief.com which is part of AMA. Registered organization and we already have contributed heavily on the relief effort!

if you have more questions please ask us

2) i am not good at website promotion can any one help me in specific how i can generate more traffic!!!!

regrds
dr bilal

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits