laurenmilan
modifying pical to restrict by user?
  • 2005/10/4 21:44

• laurenmilan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/2

Hi there,

I'm dealing with a very difficult individual who has asked me to develop a calendar with various categories of events. Cool, no problem, I used PiCal, all is well.

Now this person is demanding further limitations on who can post what, and well, it's just getting out of hand and well beyond my expertise (I'm a beginner in XOOPS working with an experienced Xoop user who's also stumped.)

Basically, he wants to limit each user to a different category and subcategory, based on 2 event fields, chapter and region. The regions are easy enough, I just set them up as categories, and created a registered user group for each region. BUT each user can only be allowed to submit to their own chapter. To do that, I'd have to create a user group for every bloody chapter, and assign each user to a single group corresponding to their chapter!

Is there a way to limit an individual user's permissions for PiCal, instead of limiting by group? This is making me tear my hair out.

JMorris
Re: modifying pical to restrict by user?
  • 2005/10/4 22:24

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Since permissions on XOOPS modules are dictated by the XOOPS Core permission structure, which assigns permissions by group. I do not believe that there is an *easy* way to assign permissions by individual users. That level of granular permissions is normally only seen in Operating Systems, like with Active Directory.

The developer of PiCal, GIJOE, is very skilled. Perhaps you could check with him and see if there is a way to achieve the results you are after.

Link:http://www.peak.ne.jp/xoops/

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

168 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 168

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits