freejob
friendfinder v3.3
  • 2005/10/3 22:58

• freejob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/3

Hi,
I've a problem with the search page of friendfinder v3.3 installed on XOOPS 2.2 cause didn't work.
can you help me?
ciao luca

JMorris
Re: friendfinder v3.3
  • 2005/10/4 0:04

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

We need a little more information before we can help you. Please provide as much of the following information as possible...

PHP Version:
MySQL Version:
PHP Debug Messages:
MySQL Debug Messages:
Smarty Debug Messages:

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

freejob
  • 2005/10/4 9:33

• freejob

• Just popping in

ok,
there is no system error problem but the search page send me tfis information:
No profiles matched your search
even if there are profiles

MySQL version: MySQL 4.0.25
PHP Script Language Version (I suppose)4.3.11

what do you think? I must try to use the search page of the privious findfinder module?
thanks a lot
ciao luca
oooooooops is terrible! I've seen that I've severals error at the bottom:
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 566
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 566
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 249
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 397
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 249
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 397
Notice [PHP]: Only vari
and more and more!
but sure that the latest version 2.2 is stable????

JMorris
  • 2005/10/4 10:45

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

these are PHP notices, which shouldn't interfere with your site operations at all. They mean that the PHP version you have is newer and XOOPS still uses a deprecated function in it's code.

The problem is most likely an incompatibility between friendfinder and XOOPS 2.2.x. There have been numerous changes to the XOOPS API with the 2.2.x branch.

I'm bumping your thread in the hopes that someone who knows more about php might be able to assist you.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

freejob
  • 2005/10/4 14:41

• freejob

• Just popping in

ok, I found the error:

Warning [PHP]: main(foot.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/friendfinder/search2.php line 218

Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'foot.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/php/lib/php/') in file modules/friendfinder/search2.php line 218

sorry JMorris if I've posted in two different places, I hope this is the right place.
Thanks for the help
ciao
luca

EMSguy
  • 2005/10/29 19:51

• EMSguy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/28

just an fyi the built in serach function of XOOPS has never worker for any friendfinder module. The friendfinder search built into the module should search for appropriate profiles based on the criteria selected.

fyi
"why don't you put her in charge!" aliens
Yes, I have a cool and crunchy exterior and a creamy geeky filling.

axel114
  • 2005/11/9 19:12

• axel114

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/17

i neeeed heeelllllpppppppppppppppp

I respected step by step all instructions to install. I have XOOPS 2.2 Script is installing. I set all CHMOD as in txt file or in manual. All is ok but i can't use it. Users can't add their profiles and i can't modify settings...is like config file is not chmoded. I chmoded 666 and 777 and still not saving nothing. Don't know what is it's problem.
I edited config file directly on server with CuteFTP file editor and settings were saved. So Config menu has an error when tries to save in config file in server. But still can't create new profiles. Searching for error....any help will be apreciated!

Also DATE is displayed wrong. When a user tries to make an profile date can be YYY.MM.DD or second option...default on my XOOPS is DD.MM.YYYY so even i select first or second option my XOOPS will keep main setting and visitor will be confused

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits