flupp
Where can I find the code to change for obtaining a working mailer ?
  • 2005/10/1 21:48

• flupp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/30

'Llo All,

Could anybody of the more experienced programmers tell me where I can adapt the mailer settings for an XOOPS system that was installed from scratch ? I suspect nothing much more is needed than an SMTP server, and a user name and it's password (at that SMTP server). But I do not find where to go and look for it.

Seeing the code, I would suspect that there is some extra php code (not delivered) would be needed ? More particularly, in XOOPS_ROOT_PATH."/language/".$xoopsConfig['language']."/xoopsmailerlocal.php", according to the getMailer- code ?

Or do I overlook something (obvious, maybe) ?

Thx

pegasus00321
Re: Where can I find the code to change for obtaining a working mailer ?

The XOOPS Mailer is set from the Admin Control Panel.

You go Site Preferences and then Mail Setup and you can setup the SMTP Server and the login info from there.
Pegasus00321

I would appricate it if you click this link
TuFat.com PHP Scripts and etc

flupp
Re: Where can I find the code to change for obtaining a working mailer ?
  • 2005/10/3 10:56

• flupp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/30

Thank you, pegasus. Will try this (was not aware that this could also be done).

As I am reading the code first, and go in more detail while observing the system work, I had not (yet) passed along that functionality. However, I have not yet passed through code altering/using these settings neither (apart from the code in phpmailer.php, which I have been tweaking with unsuccessfully up to now). So my next question is : where is that code to be found ?

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits