capricornus
Mysql 4.1.x problem
  • 2005/9/28 9:20

• capricornus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/28

Hi all,

I currently using MySQL 4.1.14 as my sql server. What I know that if you using MySQL 4.1.x version, the extension must use "mysqli" not "mysql" in php, so does XOOPS support it?or have any update patch can solve this problem.

I have try to modify all the MySQL command from 'mysql' to 'mysqli' in html\class\database\mysqldatabase.php, after i modify i didn't get the fatal line 74 error but it become blank page. When i go to check my database, i didn't see any table create. Can anyone let me know which file i need to modify again or what does i do now.

I have install other blog system in my server, it suport mysqli and work very properly after I install it.

My Apache Server is 2.0.54.
My PHP is 5.1.0 RC1.
My Server is Win 2000 SP4.

Mithrandir
Re: Mysql 4.1.x problem

I use 4.1.13 without any code changes. It's working fine.

Are you sure, it is not just a matter of loading a different extension in the webserver's extension loading configuration?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Grizzlydk
Re: Mysql 4.1.x problem
  • 2005/9/28 10:12

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Hi capricornus

MySQLi extension is only a option not a requirement. So if you want to run PHP with the old MySgl extension no problem...

I'm sitting here trying to recall where i read that mysqli is.. well there is different opinons on that extension....

In regard as wether XOOPS can use Mysqli..really don't know. But one thing i do know, that is if using mysqli you get the full advantage of MySQL 4.X versions.

Personally i use the old MySQL extension and it works fine for me. If you want to dig deeper into this subject i reccomend the following link.

MySQLi
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits