piroman
Fishy xoops after server change
  • 2005/9/16 20:35

• piroman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/7 2

I've did a full cpanle backup of my XOOPS site, when I've restored it on another server, I get a "working" XOOPS (I think it's working because it rotates banners) with labels of modules, but nothing works :( I've tried user.php, still nothing, etc. Any help please?

thx
regs
Piroman

visit our cicihlid gallery:
gallery.ciklidi.org

jdseymour
Re: Fishy xoops after server change

Have you edited the path and database information in mainfile.php to reflect the new server enviroment. Also clear the template_c and cache directories because these files will still reflect the path of your old server.

HTH.

piroman
  • 2005/9/16 20:52

• piroman

• Just popping in

No, I didn't edited path and database info, since I did a full cpanel/whm move, so all the paths & database params should be same? I've erased templates_c and cache.

Thanks for the info!
regs
Piroman

gallery.ciklidi.org

piroman
  • 2005/9/16 21:03

• piroman

• Just popping in

Another thing run throught my mind are permissions, it's the only thing that could be missed in backup/restore. Any idea how to check are all the perms. of dirs and files, correct?
regs
Piroman

gallery.ciklidi.org

carnuke
  • 2005/9/16 21:07

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

another point that can be forgotten. In your database file, you may have refrences to URLs going to your old domain or address. These all need to be changed to the new server address. or use smarty tags instead.

Best use an editor that has a a multi-find and replace feature.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

piroman
  • 2005/9/16 21:13

• piroman

• Just popping in

Guys, it's a shity situation. My hoster has bancrupted (easydedicated.com), so I have a new hoster with new server. I have the same domain, IP is different, but everything else is same, if you know what's the whm/cpanel, you know what I'm talking about, if you don't know what's whm/cpanel, it's an server interface for managing server and sites, I did a full backup (everything, not just the files, databases etc etc etc), and I've restored it on new server. XOOPS on this new server works, it connects to the database, it has corect paths and user for database, this XOOPS works, you can check it how it works at: www.ciklidi.org . It works but it's useless :(

Please check it and tell me how it looks to you???

carnuke, thx a lot man for you effort!!!
regs
Piroman

gallery.ciklidi.org

jdseymour

I would suggest downloading the full version of XOOPS that you are using, remove mainfile.php, the install folder, and any modules that you are not using (or use upgrades from the default). Upload all files overwriting the originals.

Seems that all is working but user.php, and admin.php that I can see. So it could be file corruption causing the problem. If you still have the backup keep it just in case. If not make another.

rowdie
  • 2005/9/16 21:37

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

A few ideas come to mind...

1. write permissions to the cache, templates_c and uploads folders?

2. if those blocks with the missing content were cached, then it could explain why there's no content after clearing your cache/templates_c.

3. try enabling php debug then sql debug, see what the result is. If you can't login, then enable it directly through the database.

piroman
  • 2005/9/16 22:24

• piroman

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Upload all files overwriting the originals.
Seems that all is working but user.php, and admin.php that I can see. So it could be file corruption causing the problem.

I like this idea, and if I don't do anything with other methods, I'll do this!

Thx a lot jdseymour!
regs
Piroman

gallery.ciklidi.org

piroman
  • 2005/9/16 22:26

• piroman

• Just popping in

Quote:

rowdie wrote:
A few ideas come to mind...

1. write permissions to the cache, templates_c and uploads folders?

2. if those blocks with the missing content were cached, then it could explain why there's no content after clearing your cache/templates_c.

3. try enabling php debug then sql debug, see what the result is. If you can't login, then enable it directly through the database.

1. chmode 777, chown to user (not root)

2. no cache on all blocks

3. pls explain me how to this in the database?

thx a lot rowdie!
regs
Piroman

gallery.ciklidi.org

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits