Dustyhill
No Forum
  • 2005/9/11 6:48

• Dustyhill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/11

Install of 2.2 seemed to go smooth. At first login had two error (delet install file and change permissions on one page to write only). I corrected these two problems, but no forum content shows up on the site. The admin panel and navigation seems to work fine, but the main body is blank. Does anyone know where I might have gone wrong?

Grizzlydk
Re: No Forum
  • 2005/9/12 17:03

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Hi Dustyhill

Well first of deleting the install folder and changing the attributes on mainfile.php after installation isn't errors.

Now on to your forum...the XOOPS package don't come including a forum...u have to download it...Some uses Newbb and others uses CBB...Choose one download it ..install it ...and u got a forum
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

dean_collins

but are people finding the newbb is working ok? I'm having major problems with it (as posted elsewhere).

Surely I cant be the only one having these problems?

Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

jdseymour

If all post are actually in the database, turn on MySQL debug to see if there are any errors pulling the information from the database for newbb. PHP debug also may give some hints to the problem.

dean_collins

I've turned on php debug before and nothing showed up.

I've deleted and just reinstalled from scratch, still no icons.

I checked database using phpmyadmin and yes the test forum and category are there.

Anything else I can do?
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Dustyhill
  • 2005/9/15 11:51

• Dustyhill

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/11

Yea, Thanks, I hadn't realized XOOPS didn't include a forum. Now I have installed the Newbb module, but have several issues that I posted about in the module section.

dean_collins

Possibly Hammondr's suggestion might help.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=41521&forum=39&post_id=181971#forumpost181971

the guy is nothing short of a freaking legend if you ask me. I made this change all good no problems any more.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits