martyboy
wfsection page reloads very, very slow
  • 2005/9/9 22:02

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi,

I am using wfsection module 1.01 and whenever I do something which requires a change to the DB, add an article or change prefs it reloads very, very slow, it just sits at the database updated successfully page for upto 5 minutes. I have only noticed this problem recently it was working fine before, no other modules are like this.

I am thinking the problem could be with the allarticles.php page it reloads back to but php and MySQL debug dont show anything.

Anyone know what could be causing this or a possible solution?

Thankyou.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

McDonald
Re: wfsection page reloads very, very slow
  • 2005/9/9 22:08

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

Try to solve it by turning on the cache for WF-Section in Preferences/System/General Settings or in Blocks.

martyboy
  • 2005/9/10 16:03

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

I already had cache on at 1 week, I alos tried different chache settings but it still reloads very slow, and on 3 occasions its caused some other problems such as XOOPS not being able to connect to the DB, or maybe this is just coincidence, causing my shared hosting server to go down for a short period.

WFsection used to work fine, either it's a problem with allarticles.php or something else is causing it, I have x-ipb module from bbpixel.com installed, this is the only core hack could this be somehow conflicting with WFsections and causing this?

Debug doesnt bring up anything and I dont get any error messages.

I'm using WFSection 1.01, XOOPS 2.0.13.1

Thanks for any help.

Xoops = King Of CMS

martyboy
  • 2005/9/10 19:18

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

I found a fix for this, I realised that allarticles.php was not really an essential part of the module(I hope not anyway) so I edited xoops_version.php and changed admin index to wfsection/admin/index.php so whenever it reloads just goes straight to there. Seems to be working OK now.

Xoops = King Of CMS

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits