jaquita
Is it possible to upload and install modules in xoops admin area?
  • 2005/9/9 0:46

• jaquita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Are there any modules or add-ons or something I'm missing that would allow the admin to upload, unpack and install a new module completely within the admin area?

I'm guessing I can use the upload feature of a few of the modules to get something uploaded. Or I can always scp the file there then ssh in and unpack it and place it in the modules directory.

I'm just wondering if XOOPS admin area has something that can handle this process, not necessarily all at once but at least all in one place.

It would be a convenient feature to have.

jaquita

broadcircle
Re: Is it possible to upload and install modules in xoops admin area?

1. download module
2. unzip it
3. upload it to module file on your webserver
4. system admin > modules (xoops 2.13.1)
"That's about it"

jaquita
Re: Is it possible to upload and install modules in xoops admin area?
  • 2005/9/9 15:58

• jaquita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Thanks for your reply, broadcircle.

Quote:

broadcircle wrote:
1. download module
2. unzip it
3. upload it to module file on your webserver
4. system admin > modules (xoops 2.13.1)

I know I can do 4 (above) from admin area. I was hoping admin area would do 1,2 and 3 as well.

I guess what I'm looking for is something like the "attach file" functionality when posting a forum message. Something that presents a button that says "Browse..." that allows you to browse your local filesystem for the file you want then when you click the "Upload" button it gets your local file, uploads it to the remote site and unpacks it into the module directory. At that point the installation and activation would continue as normal.

It's just one of those things that is not necessarily required but it makes installing new modules just a little bit easier.

jaquita

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits