SimonTheMime
EMERGENCY - How to change session expiraiton value in xoops_config

I'm having the same problem as the one here

Quote:
Try setting the session expiration time to a lower value (10-20.000 perhaps) - you'll probably have to go directly through the database (prefix_config table) to do so.

Quote:
ok, i changed it to 10000 in the xoops_config table
thanks, it works fine now, i can change things again :)

I'm in phpMyAdmin completely lost and cluless as to how to do this, PLEASE help me - I need to get the site back up ASAP

Thanks in advance,
Simon
RF Online

SimonTheMime
Re: EMERGENCY - How to change session expiraiton value in xoops_config

Problem fixed thanks to this post:

Quote:
The only thing I can tell you is to go to your database, find a table called Config.

Browse records in the conf_name field look for something called session_expire

When you find that record, hit edit on that line and replace whatever is currently in your conf_value field with a 15

Hit submit, head back to the site and update your modules.

I know this isnt real pretty but it seems like the only semi fix we have at the moment seeing that no one is burning down the door to answer it lol

Hope this helps.

TBrillon

I just thought I'd include it because when I went searching for a long time for the solution, people just said "PROBLEM FIXED!" and didn't say how.

I hope that clears it up.
RF Online

jaquita
Re: EMERGENCY - How to change session expiraiton value in xoops_config
  • 2005/9/9 0:32

• jaquita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

If you are using xoops-2.2.3 (maybe earlier version db's are the same, I'm not sure) and phpMyAdmin 2.6.1:

1. select the XOOPS database you configured when you installed xoops

2. in the list of tables, find the one that's called "config" preceded by the prefix you defined when you installed xoops. For instance, my table prefix is "x" so my config table is called "x_config".

3. click on the config table to open it

4. look at the tabs across the top of the phpmyadmin page and one of them will say "Browse".

5. click on the "Browse" tab and all the records in the config table will be listed.

6. look in the column labeled "conf_title" for an entry called "_MD_AM_SESSEXPIRE"

7. click on the little pencil looking button on the same line as "_MD_AM_SESSEXPIRE" to edit the record

8. in the field called "conf_value" enter a new value, in minutes, for the new expire time

9. click on the "Go" button at the bottom of the page to save your changes

10. pray....

Since you don't state what version of XOOPS you are using or what version of phpmyadmin hopefully this will get you far enough along to do what you need.

Good luck.

jaquita

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits