dean_collins
How do we backup 2.2.3?

Sorry for such a basic question, I tired search as surely I cant be the only newbie to ask this but no relevant answers.

Ho do I backup a site running XOOPS 2.2.3?

Do I just copy the entire /apache2-default/ folder across to another machine? and if so should the apache2-default folder become corrupted or hacked, is all that i need to do is install debian/php/xoops etc to a raw state and then copy this file abck again?

Do I also need to copy across the phpmyadmin folder that is in the www/ folder as well?

Is there an autmated process, someone posted somethign before but not sure if this works on 2.2.3?

As I've got my site to about 90% and the first users now registering I'd hate to do something to screw it up.

tia,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

jdseymour
Re: How do we backup 2.2.3?

Download the files to your site after any changes that you make, as in adding modules or editing/hacking files.

The database is the most important to backup and should be backed up more often. See this article on my site for automating the process: Regular Database Backup with Cron (Updated)

HTH.

JamesSAEP
  • 2005/9/2 15:29

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Yeah, the db backups are the most important as stated. I use db_backup available HERE and setup the cron for nightly backups.

There is a FAQ on XOOPS about it.

dean_collins

I used backup 3.0 but apart from creating the folder the instructions are terrible (or I'm missing something)

I installed it and then clciked on link and it sent me about 70 emails like below (none of which work)

Database Created On: 19:03 Wed 07-Sep-2005 Download the backup by clicking here:
/modules/backup/cache/bkp0509071903_xoops_priv_msgs.zip

------------------
AussieNYmeetup.net
/

any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

TIA,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

dean_collins

ok so I found the index page.

I've created a backup page.

I have 3 questions
1/ how can i do a practise restore? and what is involved in a real restore? eg what initial software do i need to install in the first place?

I'm guessing debian,apache2,mysql,php,xoops the restore?

2/ what is a cron (I gather it's an automated process, how do i do I install this cron?

3/ what is?
Update module config cache

tia, from a real newbie.

Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

JMorris
  • 2005/9/8 3:54

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:

dean_collins wrote:
ok so I found the index page.

I've created a backup page.

I have 3 questions
1/ how can i do a practise restore? and what is involved in a real restore? eg what initial software do i need to install in the first place?

I'm guessing debian,apache2,mysql,php,xoops the restore?

Here's an article I wrote on developing XOOPS sites locally. A lot of the same principles apply.

http://mywebresource.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=1
Quote:

2/ what is a cron (I gather it's an automated process, how do i do I install this cron?

Here's a FAQ on Cron:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=199
Quote:

3/ what is?
Update module config cache

Go to System Admin >> Preferences >> General Settings, and set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" to "Yes".

When done with our changes, set it to "No".

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

78 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 78

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits