Necron99
2.2.3 is RS, Ok now what?
  • 2005/8/30 4:32

• Necron99

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

I am planning to use XOOPS for a magazines website. I've been testing and playing with XOOPS on my own domain and was about ready to go full throttle with 2.2.3 to create the site for my client. I've already set back and 2.2.3 going RS has delt a real blow to me. I really hope you guys nail the next release but since I don't know when that'll be what should I do? Is there a release that is stable enough and with enough supported modules that will be upgradeable until the next release of XOOPS is out?

In other words, what version would be the best for a production site till the new release is out, and will it be upgradeable?

Sorry about all the problems guys. I know you'll nail it next time.

Mithrandir
Re: 2.2.3 is RS, Ok now what?

If XOOPS 2.2.3 works for you, then use it.

However, there have been some central bugs that once found and fixed, made other bugs elsewhere.

There are NO security holes reported in 2.2.3, purely functional problems.

Basically, if login works, text shows up correctly and the modules you need work on 2.2.3, I see no problem in using it.

More modules work with 2.0.13.1 and it is more mature, meaning that some bugs are there, but they are usually just nuisances and not fatal.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Necron99
  • 2005/8/30 6:51

• Necron99

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

For right now I just basically need a forum, news or some kind of archive system, do regular block articles archive themselves?..., I havent been that far to know that, picture gallery, and a calender of events. This would be fine for a core beggining of the website. I'm in a bad spot. I need the best advice on which version to use that'll be the most supported yet functional. Thanks

davidl2
  • 2005/8/30 7:22

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Check here:https://xoops.org/modules/core/viewcat.php?cid=9 - for some suitable module packs for 2.2

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits