pmhoran
2.2 to 2.2.2 Upgrade Patch ... Any word on when it will be available?
  • 2005/8/24 13:37

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I am just wondering if there is any word or projected timeline on when the

2.2 to 2.2.2 Direct Upgrade Patch

is expected to be posted.

A week ago (August 16th) Mithrandir posted that a "direct patch" was being developed ... but had "run into some unforeseen problems". It was mentioned it could be a few days or a week. I have been checking here multiple times per day since and have not seen anything new posted about it.

Just curious on if there has been any progress in finding solutions for the "unforeseen problems".

Thanks
Peter

Lance_
Re: 2.2 to 2.2.2 Upgrade Patch ... Any word on when it will be available?
  • 2005/8/24 13:44

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Even when there is a patch I usually download and use the full package to update my sites. Works just as well.

Of course more files to upload, but unless your still on dialup, not much trouble.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

pmhoran
  • 2005/8/24 13:57

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

Well ... to be honest ... I have used a few "hacks" on this one site. So I was kind of hoping the "upgrade patch" would eliminate the need for me to have to remember the files I had modified ... since I imagine the upgrade patch would only have the changed files for me to upload.

Uploading the full version would mean I would have to figure out which hacks I applied to the site and then either add in the extra lines into each of the new file copies ... or ... not upload the new file copies. If that makes sense.

Basically, I am hoping for the "lazy mans solution" which I am hoping the patch will give me

Peter

Dave_L
  • 2005/8/24 14:12

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You can make your own "upgrade patch" by comparing the full versions of 2.2 and 2.2.2. That's what I usually do, using BeyondCompare.

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits