pmcnamara
index page load failure
  • 2005/8/23 19:39

• pmcnamara

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/3

On my website.. I have a flash slash page which then drops visitor into my home/index.php

Recently, it seems like that page if failing to load quite often... if I hit reload, the page loads fine.

But I'm afraid many visitors are just leaving.

Why would this be happening ?

www.lansingsportsrage.com

Will_H
Re: index page load failure
  • 2005/8/26 6:31

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

i see what ya mean took me three page loads. Seems to me that the yoursite.com/home/index.php would be the problem. try moving your root directory out of that home folder. Remember that and index.html will automatically load before any index.php. This means that both can exist in the same directory without any conflict. Good Luck

Will_H

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

i see what ya mean took me three page loads. Seems to me that the yoursite.com/home/index.php would be the problem. try moving your root directory out of that home folder. Remember that and index.html will automatically load before any index.php. This means that both can exist in the same directory without any conflict. Good Luck

Will_H

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

***I have no idea why it triple posted... Sorry***

pmcnamara
  • 2005/8/30 9:40

• pmcnamara

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/3

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by moving it to the root folder.. do you mean moving it from lansingsportsrage.com/home/ to just lansingsportsrage.com/ because that I can not do.. we moved early this summer, changed directors and it was an unmitigated disaster.

Will_H
  • 2005/8/30 17:02

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

Thats exactly what i was saying, well if you are unable to change your directory. and by this i mean installing XOOPS directly into public_html then perhaps you could set up a hard redirect through cpanel. simply log into cpanel and select the "redirects" link. The rest is pretty self explanatory. I am not sure what app it was that you used for the intro, but it looks like it is from the flash-mx family. So relying on a redirect that you specified inside of a third party application may be the problem.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits