massacre
PiCal timezone functionality?
  • 2005/8/17 20:03

• massacre

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/10

I'm not sure if this is a bug or something I'm doing wrong. I'm using the latest piCal and it works great except one thing. I have set my XOOPS to use Central Standard (GMT-6) and no matter the combo I use when entering a new event in the calendar, the date doesn't work. I've tried using the system settings in the piCal setup, tried using GMT-0 when putting in the cal entries and GMT-6. They seem to show up with both dates when you open the entry, but it will either push the date to the future one day or show the wrong time.

Anyone using this module having the same troubles with TZ? Otherwise, it seems to work fine.

I'm running XOOPS 2.2.1 (although this failed on 2.2) and PHP5.

mboyden
Re: PiCal timezone functionality?
  • 2005/8/17 22:23

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

I've installed this myself just recently and overall it works great. I'm using v0.80 which is available from their website (why it's not updated on the XOOPS site, I don't know). Maybe this latest version will solve your problem?

I'm actually having a different problem with this one resulting in duplicate entries, but no resolution yet on it.

Good luck.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

skenow
  • 2005/8/17 23:40

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

We were having problems with our installation until we also set the server timezone correctly. Administration Menu > System > Preferences > General Settings

massacre
  • 2005/8/18 1:21

• massacre

• Just popping in

I'm using 0.8 and I've set the timezone in the general system properties properly. Any other ideas?

skenow
  • 2005/8/18 2:14

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Both timezones?

massacre
  • 2005/8/18 4:52

• massacre

• Just popping in

Server Timezone and Default Timezone are both set to Central. I've tried entering new events under GMT, as GMT-6 and I think I've tried all of the settings under piCal module preferences related to this.

If someone has this working, and when new entries show up, they show up at the right time on the right day, I'd love to know the settings.

massacre
  • 2005/8/19 20:22

• massacre

• Just popping in

I upgraded to XOOPS 2.2.2 and it seems like the issue is gone. It now only shows one time for beginning and one for end.

Before it was showing both the time it was set for no matter the GMT and then the resulting GMT time next to it.

I don't recall changing anything else. I have confirmed my ID had the same timezone as well...

Anyone else see this happen?

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits